Six Colorado artists have felt the impact that the cancellation or postponement of art festivals has had on their art careers, according to a news release, and have planned a virtual art fair.
Using Facebook Events, artists Liz Covert, Lauri Dunn, Victoria Eubanks, Amelia Furman, Katie Hoffman and Rita Valis have found a way to connect with their audiences. Artists will offer behind-the-scenes views of their studios and artistic process, and some will set up displays. Viewers can ask questions about their work, purchase artwork and have it delivered to their home, the release said.
“Art fairs are such a special way to connect with your audience. Not only can patrons see a variety of work in one place, but they really offer an opportunity for a relationship to develop between artist and buyer. I’ve created the event to mimic that special aspect of art fairs,” event creator Lauri Dunn said in the release.
The Colorado Artists Virtual Art Fair features a range in artistic styles and mediums:
• Liz Covert offers hand forged jewelry, art and accessories; vist www.covertmetals.com
• Lauri Dunn transforms her photographs of insect wings into kaleidoscopic images and three-dimensional photo sculptures; www.laurirosephotography.com
• Katie Hoffman is inspired by magic, mythology, and folklore. She uses layers of oil paint, impasto media, powdered pigment, and beeswax to create her dreamlike paintings; www.katiehoffman.com
• Amelia Furman works in paper collage and oil paint to create narrative landscapes. Her infusion of collage elements whisper to the viewer of past and present stories that make up the character and personality of a place and invite the viewer to connect to the subject matter on a deeper level; www.ameliafurman.com
• Victoria Eubanks creates for the sheer joy of saying “Look what I made today.” She first applies layer after layer of encaustic paint, using heat to fuse the layers. Then scraping, sometimes outright gouging, exposes new patterns and textures. It is a very physical process that lets the piece tell the story; www.victoriaeubanksart.com
• Rita Valis creates pottery combining fresh modern form and graphic patterns. She is inspired by landscape, textiles, botany and the microscopic world; www.ritavali.com
The June 5-7 event can be accessed at https://www.facebook.com/events/3048063495254081, or by searching for Colorado Artists Virtual Art Fair on Facebook.
For more information contact Lauri Dunn, firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-882-3762.
Other items that may interest you
We have noticed you are using an ad blocking plugin in your browser.
The revenue we receive from our advertisers helps make this site possible. We request you whitelist our site.